Breakaway (Summer Camp) is happening in exactly ONE WEEK!! We can’t wait to see what God has in store for each of our leaders and students going. For those that are going we have posted the teams below, guys are green and girls are red! Be sure to get lots of apparel to rep your teams! The crazier the better!
You can also get the rest of the itinerary and packing list by clicking here. We look forward to seeing you next Wednesday, June 28 at 1:29pm in the Atrium for check in! Don’t forget your CSM Medical Release, Ascend Camp Medical Release, and any unpaid balance. Click the forms to download the pdf.
House Church is happening this Wednesday from 6-9pm at the Wirt House! We will have dinner together, play some games (inside, outside and in their pool), and hear from God’s Word. Since they have a pool be sure to bring something to swim in!
We will provide pizza for everyone at dinner. We ask that last names A-L bring snack/dessert and M-Z bring drinks! If you need directions please email email@example.com to get them. See you then!
On June 2-3 we have our Middle School Mission Trip. We will serve in our own backyard this year! We plan to have a couple different service projects, some at retirement centers and others doing neighborhood cleanups. We will have a couple of lessons as well as a cultural eating experience! We have signups available in the Rafters or by clicking here so be sure to sign up soon! Also note that all the details and itinerary are on the back side of the signup form.
For the next three Wednesday evenings we will be in a new series, “Tribe of the One”. In our previous series we looked at our identity in Christ on an individual basis. During this series we will look at what our identity in Christ is as a group. We will break down what it means to be part of the tribe of God; what it means to live for Him in light of the Gospel. We look forward to seeing how this series brings us closer together as we reflect on our identity in Christ.
On April 12th we will have our night of reading to prepare our hearts and minds for Easter! We will join together from 6:30-8:30pm in the Rafters to read through ONE of the Gospels in the Bible (Matthew, Mark, Luke or John). In case you are wondering what that time table looks like, it isn’t much! (See below) We hope to see you there!
For comparison, you can read:
- Mark in the typical span of one quarter of NFL football.
- John in the time lost watching commercials in four hours of cable TV.
- Matthew in the average span of four Major League Baseball innings.
- Luke in the typical length of one half of an NBA playoff game.
- Matthew & Mark in the time it took to see Star Wars: Episode IV – A New Hope.
- Mark & Luke in the span of three plays of Michael Jackson’s Thriller album.
- Matthew & John in the average time of one regular season NBA game.
- Luke & John in the time it took to see Marvel’s The Avengers.
- Mark, Luke, & John in the time you took to watch Peter Jackson’s King Kong.
- Matthew, Mark, & John in the time of an average NFL football game.
- Matthew, Mark, & Luke in the theater runtime of The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King.
- Matthew, Luke, & John in the time it took you to see Finding Dory twice.
- Matthew, Mark, Luke, & John in time it takes to watch the first season of Sherlock.
Parents! This Wednesday, April 5th, we will have a parent meeting. We will meet in room 229 from 6:30-8pm (during normal evening worship). We will give you some updates on the calendar, big events to look out for and the schedule change that happens each summer. We also want to provide some training and discussion to help you grow as a parent and be better equipped with discipling your children in the Lord. We hope to see you Wednesday!
CSM Trivia Night is right around the corner on March 4th! This our annual fundraiser for our student mission trips in the summer. The doors will open at 5pm. The Silent Auction will run from 5pm to the end of rounds 4 and 7. Trivia will start promptly at 6pm. We have tons of great categories throughout the night that will keep it fun and entertaining for everyone! Tickets are $20 per person and $160 for a table of 8. You can RSVP by clicking here or by calling the church office at 314-843-3500. We hope you will be able to join us!
FOR STUDENTS: On Sunday, February 26th at 12pm (immediately following small groups) we will have a brief 30 minute meeting to go over responsibilities and tasks for the evening. Remember the night of, March 4th, to wear your Big Chill 2017 shirt and arrive at 3:00pm for setup and last minute instructions!