For the next three Wednesday evenings we will be in a new series, “Tribe of the One”. In our previous series we looked at our identity in Christ on an individual basis. During this series we will look at what our identity in Christ is as a group. We will break down what it means to be part of the tribe of God; what it means to live for Him in light of the Gospel. We look forward to seeing how this series brings us closer together as we reflect on our identity in Christ.
On April 12th we will have our night of reading to prepare our hearts and minds for Easter! We will join together from 6:30-8:30pm in the Rafters to read through ONE of the Gospels in the Bible (Matthew, Mark, Luke or John). In case you are wondering what that time table looks like, it isn’t much! (See below) We hope to see you there!
For comparison, you can read:
- Mark in the typical span of one quarter of NFL football.
- John in the time lost watching commercials in four hours of cable TV.
- Matthew in the average span of four Major League Baseball innings.
- Luke in the typical length of one half of an NBA playoff game.
- Matthew & Mark in the time it took to see Star Wars: Episode IV – A New Hope.
- Mark & Luke in the span of three plays of Michael Jackson’s Thriller album.
- Matthew & John in the average time of one regular season NBA game.
- Luke & John in the time it took to see Marvel’s The Avengers.
- Mark, Luke, & John in the time you took to watch Peter Jackson’s King Kong.
- Matthew, Mark, & John in the time of an average NFL football game.
- Matthew, Mark, & Luke in the theater runtime of The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King.
- Matthew, Luke, & John in the time it took you to see Finding Dory twice.
- Matthew, Mark, Luke, & John in time it takes to watch the first season of Sherlock.
Parents! This Wednesday, April 5th, we will have a parent meeting. We will meet in room 229 from 6:30-8pm (during normal evening worship). We will give you some updates on the calendar, big events to look out for and the schedule change that happens each summer. We also want to provide some training and discussion to help you grow as a parent and be better equipped with discipling your children in the Lord. We hope to see you Wednesday!